Apr 4, 2011

Chennai Autorickshaw

Here along Chennai Bypass Road, a lone autorickshaw.  That's not a site you see all that often in Chennai when the sun is out.  Most of the time the roads are filled with the yellow and black, buzzy-sounding transport vehicles.  You ought to see one of these 3-wheeled vehicles lose traction in the rain.  It's a very scary site!  If you are a foreigner coming to Chennai, either have someone who is local negotiate your fare, get savvy with your super bargaining skills or pay at least 3 times the price of the ride!

3 comments:

  1. India looks such an amazing place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I once worked in Chennai as newsman for 11 years I dreaded the thought of dealing with auto-men. When my car went for servicing or repair I preferred to walk the 3 km to office.
    On a different note, I see you have a nice Chennai blog here. Reminds me of a Mysore blog I used to run till a few weeks back - http://mymysore.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating mode of transportation!

    ReplyDelete